Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Contenders

Kimi Raikkonen

“I will treat the final race the same as the last two. My aim is to win and the rest is not up to me. For me it is a similar position to 2003. Then I lost the title to Michael, but looking back it was a close call and at one point during the race it looked possible. Hamilton has seven points more than us. It is not easy to go to the last race just to get a couple of points more. We cannot calculate. We have to win. For us it is a straightforward race."


Fernando Alonso

“For a championship chance I think it’s still very difficult to recover four points in a normal race. We know how difficult it will be. I will be very optimistic for Brazil, but knowing it will be difficult.”
Concerned about whether he had the team’s full backing? “I think that is still a worry, no doubt, but at the end of the day I think both cars are the same and with the same performance, so it’s up to me to do a little bit better. But for sure it’s not easy with the relationship with the team has with me.”

Lewis Hamilton

“We’ve still got one more race to go, and don’t worry we can still do it. Obviously when I got out of the car (Chinese GP) I was just gutted, because I haven’t made a mistake all year and to do it on the way into the pits is not something I usually do. But you can’t go through life without making mistakes, and I’m over it. Now I’m looking on to Brazil and I know the team will be working hard to make sure the car’s quick enough there. We’ve still got the points in the bag.”


Felipe Massa
(Last years winner)

“You never know. (Brazilian GP) For sure if Kimi has a chance during the race to win the championship, I think it’s very good for the team and I would also be very happy to help the team. If maybe Lewis or Fernando are in the middle and we have no chance, I will try to win the race.”


No comments: